Hearty Midwest values with a hint of rebellion.
Every year, I come up with a word to focus on. 2020 is my year of 'SURRENDER' - not in the sense of giving up. Ah HELL NAH! But in the sense that I will not waste so much energy trying to force things which aren't for me. The idea is to do less and manifest more by focusing my energy on my personal alignment and flow in all areas of my life. Sounds simple, but I am already being tested and it is day 2 of the year.
I also wanted to make some WILD Agreements with you - the ways I promise to show up and hope you will agree to do the same as we explore Rewilding Our Spirits through Wildly Aligned Wellness.
I am borrowing from the ideas of Don Miguel Ruiz who wrote The Four Agreements, if you haven't read it I highly suggest you do.
1. Show Up Authentically
- Showing up is half the battle and I am not here to judge how you do it. I promise to be authentic, vulnerable, raw, and wholly myself. This means Facebook LIVE in my bathrobe, an occasional F-bomb, or something completely nerdy and off-the-wall could come from me at anytime. Please feel free to just be you, because you are enough just as you are!
2. Don't Take Anything Personally
- This is borrowed from Mr. Ruiz himself and his four agreements. I NEVER go into a conversation with the intent to hurt another's feelings, so please know if you don't agree with something I say or how I feel or perceive something, it is about me - not you. Please don't take it personal and I will do the same.
3. Grow with Grace
- We all have the right to grow and change our minds, views, feelings. Continue to grow!
4. Share and Hold Space
- I will be sharing from my heart and I offer you space to do the same. As we share and listen, we all have the opportunity to grow.
May 2020 be your best year yet!
Advocate of Adventure