~ Life is an Adventure and I try to keep it sweet ~
I’m a vivacious, former roller derby player who is a speaker and emcee (putting my big mouth to use). I believe in being authentically me with everyone I meet, which means I’ve embraced my weird, am happy to express my sassiness, and am a bit rebellious. I strive to be like Princess Leia; self-rescuing, can hold my own, and eventually becomes a General (aka BOSS LADY).
I have a sense of humor and love to laugh, so expect your group to laugh when I talk to them. I talk like a long-time friend; with honesty, wisdom, humor, and some tough love. Living passionately through experience is very much at the core of who I am as a person.
I stay joyfully busy spending time with my husband and our three children, while remaining closely involved in the community. My adventurous spirit keeps me ever working at checking off a growing bucket list, and if travel, new foods or beverages, and meeting new people are involved, count me in!
I have many years of experience in professional event planning, working with large corporations, leading local community organizations, and managing personal events. My strong background in customer service and philanthropy shows through in much of my life, from sharing a love diversity and inclusion as the Developer of Brookings PRIDE to co-leading a local Girl Scout Daisy Troop, and co-founding Midwest Maidens Roller Derby. With knowledge and personal experiences to pull from, I work to grasp audience attention time and time again through honesty and humor.
Inspiring Moments in My life:
- Watching my mother graduate from Ohio State University.
- Attending classes at Regents College in Oxford, UK.
- Having someone I truly look up to release me from a job because they knew I could and wanted to do so much more.
Three Confessions from me:
- I don’t believe in White Chocolate, it isn’t chocolate!
- I have a bucket list that is ever growing, as well as having dates added for items accomplished.
- Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman series changed my life, I read it when I was 30 years old.
When I’m not traveling:
- I’m likely involved with a community event and enjoying time with my husband, our three children, and all the friends we consider family.
- I’m also probably looking for a way to sneak away for a bubble bath and a good book or getting some quiet time to write my next book.